Today’s business value impacted by government and regulatory intervention can reach as high as 30 percent of earnings for most companies according to some studies. For highly regulated sectors the impacts can be much greater!
With as much as one-third of earnings at stake, it is imperative that companies and organizations engage in government relations.
Ultimately, the government relations objectives are to lessen regulatory impacts, while simultaneously facilitate and enhance opportunities to increase earnings potential. This is achieved through a long-term strategy that requires building relationships with those in government with jurisdiction over legislation and regulations impacting the company.
Cansler Consulting has over two decades of experience in building government relations between corporations, associations, federal agencies and legislators. Our well-executed advocacy plans are focused and longstanding because persistence is rewarded in Washington, D.C. Major components to our successful advocacy plans include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the company’s objectives and understanding those objectives change,
- Working with varying company divisions through the company’s clear communications channels,
- Researching facts and data related to the company and competitors,
- Identifying key Members of Congress and respective congressional districts,
- Politics of the district
- Message Development/Delivery,
- Hill Briefings
- Deliver Testimony before House/Senate Committees
- Generate press opportunities
- Social Media
- Developing coalitions with like-minded businesses, think-tanks, universities, associations, and non-profits,
- Develop/Mobilize a grassroots network,
- Identify company employees by congressional districts
- Identify congressional districts where projects are underway/completed.
Whether it’s for a corporate entity or a non-profit association, Cansler Consulting can assist you in getting your needs and viewpoints successfully acted upon.